Epidendrum porpax

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a huge specimen of this species. I'll be dividing it sooner or later, and I'll have too keep this very attractive presentation in mind - the cork mount not the digital display stand. Any cultural secrets to share?

I just bought a huge specimen of this species. I'll be dividing it sooner or later, and I'll have too keep this very attractive presentation in mind - the cork mount not the digital display stand. Any cultural secrets to share?

This one is pretty straightforward for me. Water every few days and mist in between. I grow under lights in the winter and I recently moved it under my new T5 set-up...hence the reddish tint to the leaves. It goes outdoors in the summer where it gets bright but indirect light. It is slowly covering the cork mount where it's been for about 4 years now. I added a wad of spaghnum under the plant when I mounted it. Hoping for a specimen someday like a few monsters I have seen at orchid shows.

Latest posts

Back