• Welcome to ScapeCrunch!

We are a friendly, online community of people interested in planted aquariums. We support and help each other learn and grow. It is our sincere hope that you will join us and find our tight-knit community valuable and fun!

ScapeCrunch is different than Facebook Groups. Here's how:

• It is a place where you can make long-term friends in the planted aquarium hobby and have long, multi-day talks on specific subjects.
    • Unlike social media, online communities like ScapeCrunch are much better at curating collective knowledge and in fostering deeper relationships.
    • They lend themselves better at long-form discussions.
    • You can maintain a thread on your personal aquarium with pictures and details. Other members can comment, help and ask questions. You can do the same with their Member Tank threads.

Where Facebook is more like a large city-wide party, ScapeCrunch is more like your neighborhood bar "where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came." It's always fun to go to large parties but it's at the local bar that you feel people really know you. The great part is that you can and should go to both!

Please consider joining to become a full fledged member of our growing community of planted aquarium obsessed enthusiasts. Let's grow together!

Join Us!

Build Thread "Green Echoes" - 292L aquascape

Bolbi

Community Member
  • Dec 21, 2022
    Croatia
    This aquascape is inspired by a river bank where fallen trees, branches and roots are exposed to the flow of water. But despite this, life goes on and various plants come to life growing on driftwood and rocks above and below the water surface.

Dimensions: 130x50x45cm - 292 liters or 77 gallons
    Lighting: Chihiros A1201 x2
    Filtration: Oase BioMaster Thermo 600, Eheim 2217
    CO2:
    Pressurised 3 bps - DIY CO2 reactor (connected on Eheim 2217)
    Substrate: Lava gravel, ADA La Plata sand
    Hardscape: Curl wood, Red Moorwood, Talawa wood, Seiryu stones
    Flora: Anubias sp. 'Mini Coin', Anubias sp. 'Bonsai', Bolbitis sp. 'Mini' Guinea 2002, Microsorum sp. 'Mini Coral', Marsilea crenata, Marsilea hirsuta
    Fauna: /

Hardscape​

GEHard.jpg

Soaking the wood​

Most of the wood is from previous setup but Talawa branches are new so I decide to run the tank for 2 weeks without plants to prime the wood.

kiseljenje.jpg

Planting (1st stage)​

Planting will take place in 2 phases, first I planted Anubias sp. 'Mini Coin', Anubias sp. 'Bonsai', Bolbitis sp. 'Mini' Guinea 2002, Microsorum sp. 'Mini Coral' and Marsilea hirsuta & crenata. Later I will add moss, Microsorum sp 'Spoon' (I will glue this to the wood) and finally Nymphoides sp. 'Taiwan' - I plan to plant them in terracotta pots (since I didn't use nutrient substrate) and hide them behind the hardscape structure.

GEplSt1.jpg

Some of the plants used here;

Anubias sp. 'Mini Coin'
    AMcoin.jpg

Eriocaulon sp. 'Japan Needle Leaf' (growing it as an epiphyte - they are glued to the small rocks and placed on lava gravel)
    Ejapan.jpg

Vesicularia sp. 'Mini Christmas'
    MChristmas.jpg

Microsorum sp. 'Mini Coral'
    MCoral.jpg

Marsilea crenata
    Mcrenata.jpg

Marsilea hirsuta
    MH.jpg

Bolbitis sp. 'Mini' Guinea 2002
    MG1.jpg

Microsorum sp. 'India'
    MIndia.jpg

Microsorum sp. 'Thai' Mini Needle Leaf
    MThai.jpg

Nymphoides hydrophylla 'Taiwan'
    Ntaiwan.jpg

Riccardia graeffei
    RC.jpg

Wow!! looking forward to see everything grow, this is a 10/10 aquascape IMO

what about ferts and water changes?
    Thank you!
    I am dosing my own blend of ferts, Plantavit - micro, macro and potassium+. Dosing them daily with dosing pump. Currently adding; 0,84 mg/L NO3, 0,17 mg/L PO4, 1,7 mg/L K, 0,07 mg/L Mg, 0,035 mg/L Fe + trace.
    Weekly water changes 40%

Here is the full list of plants used here:

Anubias sp. 'Mini Coin'
    Anubias sp. 'Bonsai'
    Microsorum sp. 'Thai'
    Microsorum sp. 'Spoon'
    Microsorum sp. 'India'
    Microsorum sp. 'Mini Coral'
    Bolbitis sp. 'Mini' Guinea 2002
    Marsiles hirsuta
    Marsilea crenata
    Eriocaulon sp. 'Japan Needle Leaf'
    Cryptocoryne spiralis
    Nymphoides hydrophylla 'Taiwan'
    Nymphaea gardneriana 'Santarem'
    Riccardia graeffei
    Eleocharis acicularis
    Callicostella prabaktiana
    Vesicularia sp. 'Mini Christmas'
    Micranthemum tweediei 'Monte Carlo'
    Juncus repens

Day 75​

GE28.05.jpg

Last edited:
    I had false SAE before, with same habits. Here I thought if I feed them well they will not attack the moss - obviously wrong.
    I fed them spirulina tablets + food they stole from other fish... They are hogs! :p

Here I found out about true SAE and had a luck to have them. I will observe them now and will post an update about this (hopefully with a good news). :)

Back