New millipdese

bengerno

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
New millipedes

Hi All,

I bought a few millipedes at the weekend. They were sold as Spirobolus sp. but they looks like Ophistreptus guineensis. Any guess?

Gimme an "O"....

Gimme an "S". :D

Last edited:

Kasha

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WOW! I love them! How beautiful! And smart! Who knew millis could spell?! They are very fat and what an awesome color. I am so jealous it hurts!

bengerno

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW! I love them! How beautiful! And smart! Who knew millis could spell?! They are very fat and what an awesome color. I am so jealous it hurts!
Hi,

I am lucky to trade them at the beginning of the fair (before the mass came in). The seller hadn't got the slightest idea which species are they, he changed the top of the boxes, first they were Archispirotreptus gigas, after I mentioned they are not A.g., the guy switched the tops and they became Spirobolus sp. :D
I love the coloration too, as I see they are more active than A.g.

bengerno

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice millipedes. I never saw them that color. Here is mine.
Hi,

Nice stuff you have! Are you sure they are Ophistreptus guineensis...they looks like AGB-s (Archispirostreptus gigas). :rolleyes:

Kasha

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ant, Is that one milli? It looks HUGE! Any idea what its lenght is? Makes mine look like a baby! heheh

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
it looks like it two of them the way the back is all curled up.

if that is one it must be well over a foot long!

antman

Arachnopeon
It is 2 millipedes. One of them died since the picture was taken. The pet store said they were giant black african millipedes. Not sure exactly how long it is.