Brachypelma kahlenbergi

Golmas

Arachnopeon
Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on caring for a brachypelma karhlingi as been trying to work out why he/she isn't eating and constantly hiding he/she had a molt about three weeks ago about 2.5 -3 inches in size can't find much info anywhere on the net about this species help plse

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Keep the sub mostly dry, water dish, hide, and thats all they really need. These are slow growers so it might not eat as much you expect...and for the record, its Brachypelma khalenbergi.

Golmas

Arachnopeon
Keep the sub mostly dry, water dish, hide, and thats all they really need. These are slow growers so it might not eat as much you expect...and for the record, its Brachypelma khalenbergi.
Cheers was trying to remember how the latin was spelt but got it wrong

WoofSpider

Arachnosquire
Brachypelma are generally considered one of the hardier species. So you don't need to drive yourself crazy over husbandry for it.

Dry substrate, water dish, hide, done.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I’ve never even heard of this T before congratulations good luck . Brachys Are one of my favorite easy to raise and hardy once bigger.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
What is a Brachypelma karhlingi?
Do you mean kahlenbergi?

Not sure if that's a heat lamp but if it is it's not needed, depending on size of the spider height should be no more than x1.5 of the spiders DLS.
If it's a kahlenbergi they need dry substrate a hide and a water dish that's it.
Sometimes this sp does burrow so give it a couple of inches.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Seems like smaller Ts are more likely to burrow, still miss b vagans. Old world are easier on me tho no hairs .

Golmas

Arachnopeon
What is a Brachypelma karhlingi?
Do you mean kahlenbergi?

Not sure if that's a heat lamp but if it is it's not needed, depending on size of the spider height should be no more than x1.5 of the spiders DLS.
If it's a kahlenbergi they need dry substrate a hide and a water dish that's it.
Sometimes this sp does burrow so give it a couple of inches.
Yeah got the latin name wrong it is kahlenbergi and have since got another three tanks with new t's in so have now removed light was using it as a temperature source as when got him/her the room temp was low so only use it just to get a bit of warmth in tank so only occasionally use it

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Yeah got the latin name wrong it is kahlenbergi and have since got another three tanks with new t's in so have now removed light was using it as a temperature source as when got him/her the room temp was low so only use it just to get a bit of warmth in tank so only occasionally use it
I'm not sure if there's a safe way to use heat lamps with Ts it just seems like a bad idea, it's summer though you won't need one...
Kahlenbergi is one of my favourite brachypelma species...
Easy to care for, great eaters and look beautiful.
How big is your T? As said the height to me seems unsafe if it climbs and falls it will end badly...

My setup is simple, dry substrate occasionally moisten down a small part of substrate, cork bark hide and a water dish that's all you need.

Golmas

Arachnopeon
That's just an ordinary lamp that just throws a little heat but am no longer using as got all tanks in a warmer place in room I am just waiting for him /to molt then will be adding a lot deeper substrate I think it is about to molt hasn't eaten for past week and put webbing down near where it hides so didn't want to disturb it. He /she is about 3 inches leg span

norma1106

Arachnopeon
Found this really useful as I’ve got a brachypelma kahlenbergi sling coming tomorrow. Drying out some coco fibre ready for the new addition now. Thank you x

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just an FYI, they are Tliltocatl kahlenbergi now, not Brachypelma. Care for them the same as you would T. albopilosus or T. vagans. They are highly tolerant of varying substrate moisture levels, they are not a desert species like many people still believe (It is still a common misconception that Brachypelma and Tliltocatl are desert dwellers).