Tunze 9001 help.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I got a second hand Tunze 9001 skimmer delivered today. I'm not sure how to assemble it. I think I have it right, except there's a blue rubber seal that doesn't seem to attach to anything.
Could anyone help me figure out where it goes? Thanks :)
IMG_1481085916.902594.jpg

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the blue rubber seal goes over the magnet so the seal is on glass the cover goes around the intake of motor cup on top
you should have 2 magnets one on filter and one for outside the rubber goes on the outside magnet.
should also have a spacer that would go on body then magnet if you have a lip on tank to move it away from glass

OP
OP
tyler1503

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to put the seal on both magnets and it won't fit on either.
I suppose it's just to prevent the magnet scratching the glass and isn't necessary?

This is as far as I can get it on without it looking as though it may tear.
IMG_1481087111.739471.jpg

Other than that, does it appear to be set up right?
IMG_1481087175.964922.jpg

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes!
and if you put the blue rubber in HOT water for a few min it will slide right on it also looks like the magnet your trying to put it on has the black gasket on it they come with both black and blue
you don't have to have it but it does buffer the magnet from glass and if the black gasket is already there your good to go

OP
OP
tyler1503

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thank you very much.
I've only used cheap Chinese skimmers in the past, I've pretty much just used water changes to handle waste and nutrients for the last few years so this is all new to me haha.

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need any help let me know I'm the Tunze nut on here have every product and love them.
also Roger from Tunze is a sponsor on this sight and you can look him up for help as well .
Go to Tunze .com and you can get the manuals for all products

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need any help let me know I'm the Tunze nut on here have every product and love them.
also Roger from Tunze is a sponsor on this sight and you can look him up for help as well .
Nice!

We can tag Roger here if you need more help. IMO plug it in in the tank and let it run with the cup OFF for a couple days and let it break in a bit. then slowly lower it and choke the air. helps stop micro bubbles in the tank.

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!

We can tag Roger here if you need more help. IMO plug it in in the tank and let it run with the cup OFF for a couple days and let it break in a bit. then slowly lower it and choke the air. helps stop micro bubbles in the tank.
Yah!

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I could use some help with my Tunze 9001 I just installed in a RSM 130d last night with a in tank media rack. Idk but so far I’m not that impressed with this $100 skimmer. Cup fills up with water I’ve tried adjusting height of it in water but doesn’t bubble up enough to collect anything and I’ve messed with air adjuster for hours. To me this skimmer seems way to small for my tank especially compared to the stock skimmer tank came with.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 60 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 25 14.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back