May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Nice, I love his coloration.

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
I have one who is a pain in the butt he is well stubborn he keeps re rearanging the tank he has a cave with a large bit on bog wood on top of it every morning the bog wood has been moved and the cave facing slightly too the left I have re arranged it 3 times and he changes back to how he wants it every time I guess you will come aross this once your one matures I dont know how he manages to move the bog wood as it is guite large. They are great fish with a lot of personality.

Reactions: Gaz_ham

Far2lively

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2012
London, England
I have one who is a pain in the butt he is well stubborn he keeps re rearanging the tank he has a cave with a large bit on bog wood on top of it every morning the bog wood has been moved and the cave facing slightly too the left I have re arranged it 3 times and he changes back to how he wants it every time I guess you will come aross this once your one matures I dont know how he manages to move the bog wood as it is guite large. They are great fish with a lot of personality.
Mine does exactly the same thing!! He has dug a series of tunnels underneath all the bog wood I have in the tank, not sure why but I’ve left it now and let him have his way

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
My wife had a go at me she said leave him alone it is his house ha ha I have left him to it as well. I had a large amazon sword in the tank and he up rooted that all the root tabs were every where, managed to get some pebbles to protect the roots but over a period of 3 days he dug all the sand away and some how moved the pebbles away. Would loved to have stayed up at night and see how he did it.

Last edited:

Far2lively

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2012
London, England
My wife had a go at me she said leave him alone it is his house ha ha I have left him to it as well. I had a large amazon sword in the tank and he up rooted that all the root tabs were every where, managed to get some pebbles to protect the roots but over a period of 3 days he dug all the sand away and some how moved the pebbles away. Would loved to have stayed up at night and see how he did it.
They seem to like scaping their own tanks

TomatoandEgg

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2017
I won the tank of the month competition with my auranti tank. Since then they have totally f’d the whole thing up. They uproot every stem plant and my biggest pair will gulp the soil from one spot and spit it out somewhere else. My tank used to be beautiful and vibrant. Now it looks like a bomb hit. All the plants are covered with micro soil particles. It’s cool though.

Reactions: Matteus and Gaz_ham
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store