My Channa Andrao

Webley

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2011
Portugal
Hello.
About and year ago I bought 4 Channa bleheri, but soon I discovered they were wrongly identified, so I have 4 Channa andrao.
They are beautiful, but i'm confused about their gender. Can someone help me?

The big male (I don't have doubts about this one):

This one I'm really confused, sometimes he/she tries to fight the big male and chases the females:

Female 1 (?):

Female 2 (?):

2 Females (?) together:

1 Female with the one I'm really confused about:

Thanks for the help :)

koi9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
california
Idk about the gender but those are beautiful

Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Brucki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Hi,

imho your gender identification is right, the one that confuses you is imho female, too. sometiomes its difficult with andrao, my female looked male , to me too in the beginning.

PS : you should feed this species not as mcuh as you do ! All fish are too fat !

Webley

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2011
Portugal
Hi,

imho your gender identification is right, the one that confuses you is imho female, too. sometiomes its difficult with andrao, my female looked male , to me too in the beginning.

PS : you should feed this species not as mcuh as you do ! All fish are too fat !
Thank you for your comment :) In the photos the fish are very full, I gave them earth worms (they loved it!). I usually feed them one or two times a week.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Agreed on the fat.

A mistake we all make and dearly pay....

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
very nice

Webley

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2011
Portugal
Thank you all for your comments and help :)

Olá Patrícia !

Didn´t know you had channas now. Looking good !
Hi João :)
I have bought them a year ago, and was waiting for them to grow a bit and become more active (the cold winter made them "froze"). I expected them to be bleheri but well, this species is very nice too, and i'm happy with them.

I have more news, Brucki was right, I have 1 male and 3 females. The one who was confusing me by bitting the other females is now a pair with the male.
I had to remove the other 2 females because the couple was after them and almost killed them.
Now they are alone and I saw them mate and are always together.

Some pictures of them together (sorry about the stain on the glass):

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store