Hoplarchus Psittacus strange hole

lenkapena

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2019
Lithuania
Hello dear mfk. This is my first post but ive been following Mfk for a long time and found a lotbif usefull information. I do have 5 tanks, 25,45,2x240 and 1000 litters (about 260 gallons i guess if google says truth :) One of my favourite are Hoplarchus Psittacus. I have noticed sometime ago a little scratch on one of them. Now it looks more like a hole . Can it be hexamita ? If yes ..what should i do. I do give food with epsom salt as says in topic of treating hexamita with epsom salt from your site. I do give it as a profilactic once a month or few. I cant see any other problems in fishes at the moment. Red spot severum was really bad with hexamita bet epsom salt + spirohexol broughr her back to life about 4 month ago. Food im giving is Omega one, Dainichi veggie fx , Dainichi krill, Different hikari, Spirulina flakes. Rare, very rare frozen gamarrus, bloodworms. Also often spinache, cucamber cukinija. There are few questions i would like to ask . 1. Do i need to give some medicine to my parrot or there is nothing to worry? 2. Could you tell me if im lucky and i have a pair ? One started chasing another ( with that hole the one been chased ) Ibtried to look at them genitalia :) Looks a bit different. Attaching pictures. Sorry for my bad english, its not my mothers language :) Thank you in advance. Regards, Jelena. IMG_20200225_140941.jpgIMG_20200225_140948.jpgIMG_20200225_140941.jpgIMG_20200225_140508.jpgIMG_20200225_140245.jpgIMG_20200225_140941.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Welcome aboard
Looks like a scrape or wound to me.
kno4te kno4te
duanes duanes
Rocksor Rocksor

lenkapena

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2019
Lithuania
Welcome aboard
Looks like a scrape or wound to me.
kno4te kno4te
duanes duanes
Rocksor Rocksor
Oh ... i do hope so, that nothing dangerous. Otherwise i will need to treat all 1000 litters and a bit confused of how much medicine then i will need. Thank you for your reply.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Oh ... i do hope so, that nothing dangerous. Otherwise i will need to treat all 1000 litters and a bit confused of how much medicine then i will need. Thank you for your reply.
To be honest I'm not sure that's why I tagged experienced members but hopefully it's just a scrape or wound.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It does look more like a scrape. I’d just dab the area with some hydrogen peroxide or methylene blue on a qtip. Maybe even separate it for a few weeks to keep an eye on it. Keep the water quality with low nitrates as possible.

lenkapena

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2019
Lithuania
It does look more like a scrape. I’d just dab the area with some hydrogen peroxide or methylene blue on a qtip. Maybe even separate it for a few weeks to keep an eye on it. Keep the water quality with low nitrates as possible.
Thanks a lot for a fast reply. Ill try methylene . Sadly i dont have separate tank for such big fish and i dont want to stress it out. I used to have 5 of them , when i sold 3 of them to a person i knew....one was found dead next day... Was healthy...probably stress, tho she lives nearby. Im changing every week 40% 50% of water, 2 filters fx6 and fx5 . Maybe my tank overstocked... Ill check water today. Sad i cant show - post links yet to show my tank on youtube and ask for advices.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Scrapes appear overnight. If this is a progression of a scrape getting larger then it's lateral line erosion.

What are the numbers for nitrate?

Do you have soft or hard water (GH reading)?

Reactions: kno4te and tlindsey

lenkapena

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2019
Lithuania
Scrapes appear overnight. If this is a progression of a scrape getting larger then it's lateral line erosion.

What are the numbers for nitrate?

Do you have soft or hard water (GH reading)?
Ill get back within one hour home and make measurements of nitrates, sunday half of the water has been changed. Also attaching picture of my tank to find out f its overcrowded. They thought ill feed them so all swimed to the front.

IMG_20200225_173407.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store