Heros Liberifer

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
Very nice. I've yet to keep liberifer, but I've had wild rotkeils, also skittish, but eventually became a lot more tame, it just took time. I'd think you could expect something similar.

Since I haven't kept them personally, I won't say much on size, except to say until they were recently described they were mistakenly thought to be severus, which most references I've seen say can get 10-12 inches.

Reactions: tlindsey and isde02

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Thanks guys.
Very nice. I've yet to keep liberifer, but I've had wild rotkeils, also skittish, but eventually became a lot more tame, it just took time. I'd think you could expect something similar.

Since I haven't kept them personally, I won't say much on size, except to say until they were recently described they were mistakenly thought to be severus, which most references I've seen say can get 10-12 inches.
I hope that he tames down, I can't seem to find much info on size online and I've only seen pictures of smaller ones. I would love to see this guy at 10-12" but I have a feeling that they don't grow that large.

exodus1500

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2013
USA - Ferndale, MI
www.facebook.com
He is gorgeous. I just picked up 4 WC ones between 3-4 inches. They were pretty skittish for a week, but now they are acting a lot more social. After a few days, I added some small fish from my grow out tank to possibly help them feel better. I put in a mix of 4 small Geophagus winemerilli and Tapajos, as well as a large angel. They are in a 75 with 3 pieces of driftwood and some tall fake plants.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
He is a looker,very nice fish
Thanks bro.
He is gorgeous. I just picked up 4 WC ones between 3-4 inches. They were pretty skittish for a week, but now they are acting a lot more social. After a few days, I added some small fish from my grow out tank to possibly help them feel better. I put in a mix of 4 small Geophagus winemerilli and Tapajos, as well as a large angel. They are in a 75 with 3 pieces of driftwood and some tall fake plants.
Thanks, he was in a pretty heavily planted tank with 6 wc geophagus abalios, and 3 atabapo pikes and was skittish even then.
DSC_1802.JPG

Reactions: cichlidfish

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I had an adult pair and though I didn't measure them. They were beefy slabs and I'd eyeball them at a solid 10 inches. They were definitely thick and beefy.

Reactions: isde02

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
They are in this video toward the end when I pan over to the 180. Damn I miss these tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store