petricola vs. multipunctatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petricola vs. multipunctatus

Does anyone know the visual differences between these 2 catfish well? I stopped in at fishland today and they have had a tank with what is labeled as syn. multipunctatus. When I was looking at them they seem to resemble petricola more.

Has anyone been by there and seen these? Do you know if these are in fact petricola or multipunctatus?

Re: petricola vs. multipunctatus

Ranakalea,

in front of the dorsal fin of Syn petricola and Lucipinnis are white white the multipunctatus is not

check out the picture below of my petricola

Comment

thats what I had thought, and that is what the ones at fishland look like. So it should be safe to say the ones at fishland are petricola? They have them for $15.99 each and they seem to be a decent size (1-2") I would say. What do they normally go for?

Comment

That is a pretty good price.  Most of the nicer Synos go for about that if not more....really just depends on the stores.  If they are Lucipinnis, they aren't going to get much bigger than about 3" where the Petricolas will get about 5" tops from what I have seen.

Comment

These are the fish I mentioned that fishland has... Look like petricola to me, not multipunctatus. Dont mind the tank they are in quarantine right now, as someone mentioned that fishland has had some issues recently with a fungus in their tanks.

Comment

Looks good. Petricola are a cool fish, it's a real treat when I get to see my mini sharks swimming around.
            So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Working...
            X