Black cory?

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Just today my LFS has several dozen black corys, I'd say they look similar to a juvie c. aeneus. Is there a black version of this cat? Nothing on PC i can find, but they are relatively cheap about0.80$ usd, I'm thinking a group would look nice with my p. denisonii in my 40g. So am I on the right track with ID?

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Cheers, Brian. They look much more like what Mr. Gee had than yours. Methinks I'm gonna grab a 1/2 dozen anyway on monday just for larfs. I'll post pics then to be sure. :)

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
sorry, just re-read that old thread, they weren't actually confirmed as bronzes in the end

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
If they look like these they are corydoeas aeneus black, i have grown them on to adults but don't have any adult pictures.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, i lightened them too much when editing, but they will let you compare the ones you are talking about;

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
If they look like these they are corydoeas aeneus black, i have grown them on to adults but don't have any adult pictures.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, i lightened them too much when editing, but they will let you compare the ones you are talking about;

I think they are like these ones Andrew, cheers. I wish my phone cam worked better. The only info my LFS guy could offer was that they are called Hei Lao Shu Yu (black mouse fish).... Farm bred in Dong Guan China. But just like everything else here, nobody wants to give their contacts up:wb:.

@ Gemma, I'm not sure these are the fish in question, the fins on the C.Schultzei seem to be more orange in hue, the ones I'm looking at are more of a dunn brown. But that could be down to tank conditions/stress etc... Cheers for the input! :)
Stan

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
Thanks Gemma
You learn something new each day :clap:

Here is one of Ian Fuller's pictures from Corydoras World of C. sp. aeneus "Black" and you can see the dark fins instead of the red tinted ones mine has.