Apistograma macmasteri red neck gold form

smm333

I bought a beautiful pair of apistogramma macmasteri today. They are super cute and I am really impressed by their social behavior. Whenever I approach the tank the male swims over to check me out. The female seems friendly as well, but the male chases her away.

Anyway, these are my first apistogramma , and I was wondering if anyone has experience with feeding them. I read the co- op article on them and it mentioned bloodworms,  black worms, daphnia, brine shrimp etc. Would these foods be ok in their dried  or frozen forms? It also mentioned repashy. I have the community one. Is that a good one , or is there one that's better suited to them?

Thanks for any help on this adventure!

20240113_203242.jpg

20240113_203955.jpg

• Love 2

I only have bottom dweller bug bites, but I could look for other types. I have hikari micro wafers and repashy which are both for community tanks. 

This is the article I was referencing. Do you say bloodworms are bad due to bloat? I usually have dried tubifex and dried and  bloodworms on hand, and was interested in trying daphnea with other fish.  Would tubifex or daphnea work ok? 

20240114_084401.jpg