Identification Of The Congo Spotted Puffer (Tetraodon Schoutedeni)

Tyler Kaplan

Hello All,

I am hoping to get some help in making sure this is the Schoutedeni as opposed to the Nigroviridis and Fluviatillis! I have finally found a place to get the Congo Spotted Puffer, but would appreciate the second opinions on the pictures they sent over to make sure I'm getting the right species. 

If it were just me I'd say they look like the Schoutedeni, but because I've never actually seen one in person it couldn't hurt to ask!

PUFF 1.JPG

PUFF 2.JPG

PUFF 3.JPG

PUFF 4.JPG

PUFF 5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Apologies for the delay, super busy with work!

The puffer is doing great, thank you all for your wonderful advice. I actually grabbed this guy from The Wet Spot, as I ended up waiting a couple of weeks before getting him.

My fish room is slowly turning into a puffer room lol... Just picked up a 180 for a Fahaka (one day I will convince my partner to allow a mbu display in the main house, one day...) I'm really enjoying the different Pao species; my baileyi in particular is so active and personable

Please let me know what you think! Sorry for the terrible photo quality, I have to zoom in all the way to the back because this one is insanely camera shy. 

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

• Like 1